- Palmira Mendiola Elementary at La Joya ISD
- 4th Grade Dual Language
- All Subjects
- Google Certified Educator
- DonorsChoose Ambassador
- History-In 2000, Charles Best, a teacher at a Bronx public high school
- Little House on the Prairie
- Charles thought about all the money he and his colleagues were spending on books, art supplies, and other materials.
- Charles created a website where teachers could post classroom project requests, and donors could choose the ones they wanted to support.
- His colleagues posted the first 11 requests.
- Who qualified?-teachers, librarians, and guidance counselors OF public schools
- USA Only
- Some school districts do not allow this
- If you don’t, there are some other options which we will talk about.
- What are the steps create an account? describe you classroom, chose the materials you need from the different vendors, describe your project. Submit your project for approval. Once it's live promote it for a better chance of getting funded
- Once project is funded what happens? Donors choose will mail you requested. In addition some projects required pictures, thank you letters from the students.
- Tips- Always have a project up, you never know when it might get founded or Donors Choose has some foundging option. Keep first project under or close $400. Don’t get discouraged if projects don’t get founded
- What technology have you gotten funded? Chromebooks, headphones, printer, laminating machine, library books, art supplies
- Is it only for technology? Professional development. I went to ISTE 2017 at San Antonio and a Educational Technology Conference at South Padre Island hosted by Region 1 during May
- Non school related crowdfunding websites.
- School Related
- Adopt a Classroom
--- This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Thank you for listening,