- Burleson Independent School District
- Learning Technologies Coach
- Learning Technologies Department
- Twitter: @BSGSCSFoster
- Website: bisdlearntech.com
- BA in Elementary Education
- M Ed in Curriculum & Instruction with an emphasis in Technology Integration
G Sweet IdeasGoogle for Educations Updates
- Paint format can now copy formatting to multiple objects.
- You can now add participants to an ongoing hangouts meet.
- The activity dashboard, the one where you can see when was the last time anyone viewed a google doc, now has a better look, and after this episode airs, a new button will be available next to the blue share button.
- In the admin dashboard, better password settings are now available. Some settings include Strong Password, expiring passwords, and password reuse
- SMS notifications will be soon turned off in Calendar. If you used to receive text, messages you will stop receiving them in January 2019
- All old Google forms have now converted to the new google forms. Therefore, it’s just google forms now, no old, no new.
- Improved Search in Google Vault
- Migration to the new Google Contacts starting soon.
- Adding and using comments in Screencastify videos
- Assists with labeling files
- Topics in Google Classroom
- Assists ELL/ESL and primary learners
- Identifying topics in Google Classroom
- Reading directions in documents, slides, etc.
- Create exit tickets
- Create writing prompts
- Create or illustrate word problems
- Create a rubric
- Examples of ways to use emojis
- According to ZDNet and The Verge, As android announces foldable phone support in the operating system, around the time samsung announces their first foldable phone.
- Amazon will have free shipping for the holidays even if you are not a prime member. Start by visiting aced.tech/amazon
- According to FCC, robocalls are a problem and should be dealt with.
- According to the New York Times, Google dismisses Andy Rubin, the creator of Android, with a payout of $90 million and recently came to light that it was due to sexual misconduct, or fraternization. Nothing big, but still against the rules. According to Medium, soon after, Google employees staged a walkout in protest of discriminations, racism, and sexual harassment. According to Google, Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google, responded with some changes to come around diversity, equity, and inclusion. Some of which are mainly focused on sexual harassment.
- EmojiOne extension
- If more then one, they need to be used to complete a specific task or product. (App Smashing)
- Type of use: Educational
- Does it work with Chromebooks- it’s a Chrome extension
Postal Flip Call Out
- Love this! Thanks for sharing.— Magisto (@magisto) November 12, 2018
- Thanks to my supporters for making this show possible. If you want to become a patron, visit http://aced.tech/Sponsor