- Palmira Mendiola Elementary at La Joya ISD
- 4th Grade Dual Language
- All Subjects
- Google Certified Educator
- DonorsChoose Ambassador
G Sweet IdeasGoogle for Educations Updates
- According to The Verge - New Google Classroom makes it difficult to cheat on tests
- Google CS First will be migrating to Scratch 3.0 Starting August and finish by January 2019
- Two Factor Authentication using Employee ID
- Both Rapid & Scheduled
- Course Kit
- More customization options for Google Forms
- Google Sites conversion from classic to new
- Google calendar can intelligently suggest rooms
- Google+ No longer supports old Internet Explorer browsers.
- History-In 2000, Charles Best, a teacher at a Bronx public high school
- Little House on the Prairie
- Charles thought about all the money he and his colleagues were spending on books, art supplies, and other materials.
- Charles created a website where teachers could post classroom project requests, and donors could choose the ones they wanted to support.
- His colleagues posted the first 11 requests.
- Who qualified?-teachers, librarians, and guidance counselors OF public schools
- USA Only
- Some school districts do not allow this
- If you don’t, there are some other options which we will talk about.
- What are the steps create an account? describe you classroom, chose the materials you need from the different vendors, describe your project. Submit your project for approval. Once it's live promote it for a better chance of getting funded
- Once project is funded what happens? Donors choose will mail you requested. In addition some projects required pictures, thank you letters from the students.
- Tips- Always have a project up, you never know when it might get founded or Donors Choose has some foundging option. Keep first project under or close $400. Don’t get discouraged if projects don’t get founded
- What technology have you gotten funded? Chromebooks, headphones, printer, laminating machine, library books, art supplies
- Is it only for technology? Professional development. I went to ISTE 2017 at San Antonio and a Educational Technology Conference at South Padre Island hosted by Region 1 during May
- Non school related crowdfunding websites.
- School Related
- Adopt a Classroom
- Currently Championed by Alice Keeler
Thanks for the shoutout, friends!! Just a note: we do have matched offers & contests, etc, from time to time. We always make announcements and current fundraisers are automatically included to be eligible! :) #ACEdTech— PledgeCents (@PledgeCents) August 8, 2018
TY 4 the mention!! Our goal is 2 make our process as simple as possible, & allow u 2 get ur funds as quickly as possible. Please feel free 2 reach out 2 us w/ any Qs!!! Always happy 2 talk :-) #fundraising #FreeMeansNoFees #crowdfunding #edchat #backtoschool #ACEdTech @MinnieEDU https://t.co/zgZpychIyZ— PledgeCents (@PledgeCents) August 8, 2018
- If you have never used DonorsChoose, $50 will be awarded towards your first project if you submit your first project between August 5th and the 10th, 2018
- According to Techcrunch - Instagram Launches IGTV
- According to BBC news - Sharing Memes in Europe could become illegal.
- According to Fox Business - Victim of Nigerian Prince gets money returned
- According to Adobe - They are announcing Project Rush
- According to CNET - YouTube TV Stopped Working during Soccer World Cup Semifinals
- According to the New York Times - Google is Fined $5 Billion by the EU
- Google Rewards
- Type of use: PERSONAL
- Available on iOS
- Download on Google Play Store
Postal Flip Call Out
- What’s your favorite episode so far?
- Do you use IGTV?
- Do you use YouTube TV?
- Thanks to my supporters for making this show possible. If you want to become a patron, visit http://aced.tech/Sponsor